Keep your dollars local this Christmas Season with #ShopLocalYPA
Local partners have teamed up to promote a shop local social media campaign this Christmas Season.
The campaign brings together local shops, products, services and shoppers in one virtual marketplace
that will make it easy for shoppers to browse products for sale by local merchants.
“The idea is simple. We are asking our local businesses to use the #ShopLocalYPA tag in all of their social
media posts promoting their products and services for sale,” said Elise Hildebrandt, Prince Albert and
District Chamber of Commerce CEO. “We want to create an easily accessible space for shoppers to
browse online and find some of those unique gifts we know are available right in Prince Albert.”
“This is a great way to allow shoppers to browse products without necessarily making an in-store visit,”
said Carolyn Carleton, Executive Director for the Prince Albert Downtown Business Improvement
District. “In light of Covid-19. We know many businesses are accommodating curbside pick-up and even
reserving times to allow for you to shop in your bubble. Get in touch with your local retailers to see what
options there are.”
How #ShopLocalYPA works:
If you are selling:
1. Create social media posts on Facebook and Instagram that showcase your shop/product/service;
2. Make sure you add the hashtag ##ShopLocalYPA to your posts on Facebook and Instagram;
3. Let customers know if you offer delivery or in-store/curb-side pick-up and any other details you
want to communicate!
If you are buying:
1. On Social Media (Facebook and Instagram), search #ShopLocalYPA;
2. This will create a feed with all the shops/products/services that has been tagged with this
3. Find local gifts and contact the seller to make arrangements!
Enter to Win
The promotion will also offer 21 prizes for those that make a purchase and submit their receipt OR that
share some good news about a local business. It can be a great customer service experience, a product
they love, a shop that has an incredible atmosphere or anything positive that they want to share.
The contest will run December 1 – December 22 with draws made December 23. Shoppers can submit
online at any participating organization:
There will be 20 prize packs which include:
1. a PASK t-shirt hoodie made right here in Prince Albert at North Star Screen Trophies and
designed by Encore Graphics;
2. one day pass to a City of Prince Albert Facility; and
3. a gift card for $25 from a Downtown Business.
A draw for a $250 Voucher will be made from Chamber Member receipts, to be spent with any member
listed in the Prince Albert & District Chamber of Commerce business directory.
The shop local campaign is sponsored by the City of Prince Albert, Prince Albert and District Chamber of
Commerce and the Prince Albert Downtown Business Improvement District and supported by the Prince
Albert Regional Economic Development Alliance.
For media inquiries please contact:
CEO, Prince Albert and District Chamber of Commerce
Executive Director, Prince Albert Downtown Business Improvement District
Communications Manager, City of Prince Albert